I can make anybody do anything for as long as I want, and so can you.
- Think of the goofy thing you want them to do. If you can’t think of any, here’s a quick list that might give you some ideas…
- Go to a specific building every week (or more)
- Speak or sing in a language they don’t understand
- Wear unusual clothing
- Place their bodies in uncomfortable positions
- Breathe heavily for long periods of time
- Give away rent and/or food money
- Hang out with people they don’t like
- Spend inordinate amounts of time attending to something like breathing
- Convince them that by doing any of the above, they will eventually get something that they want. For example…
- Lasting and total happiness
- More money than you would ever want to spend
- A partner who is “perfect for you”
- No longer having unpleasant thoughts or feelings
What makes this technique so deceptively simple is, well, simple.
And that is, no amount of #1 will ever produce #2… because nothing will reliably produce #2.
But, as long as we believe #2 is possible, we’ll be suseptible to doing #1’s, especially when someone with seeming authority assures us that #1 leads to #2.
If you think this technique may not work, you can use THE FINAL GOAL for your #2 — Tell them they will get EVERYTHING they want… after they die!
I assure you that when you can convince people in the Final Goal, you can get anyone to do anything for as long as you want. Amazingly, it’s often easier to convince people of The Final Goal than of the usual #2’s (because there’s no way they can disprove your theory!)
If you convinced people you knew how to get The Final Goal (or have a really good #2), what would you get them to do to “get there?”